A synapse is _______________. a gene that controls the nervous system.a neurotransmitter molecule.
- a receptor on a cell that binds a neurotransmitter.
- a type of protein.
- a space between neurons.
Hardy-Weinberg equilibrium is possible only if the population is
- small, with nonrandom mating and no migration, no mutation, and no natural selection.
- large, with random mating and no migration, no mutation, and no natural selection.
- large, with nonrandom mating, mutation, genetic drift, and natural selection.
- small, with no migration out or in, and dominant alleles outnumbering recessive alleles.
- comprised of very young and fertile individuals and no newcomers arrive
During interaction between genes and environment, the phenotype ____________.
- changes the genotype
- is expressed as discontinuous variation
- is stable once it has been expressed in the organism
- can be quantitatively subdivided into genotypic and environmental components
- is variable and undergoes continuous change throughout the life of the organism