Transgenic mice and other model animals are used to study human neurodegenerative disorders to ________.
- develop animals with desirable traits.
- research molecular mechanisms of a human disorder.
- produce genes for gene therapy.
- produce tissues for transplantation
- all of the choices are possible reasons transgenic mice and other model animals are used to study these disorders.
The observation that schizophrenia is associated with duplications of a certain copy number variant (CNV), while autism spectrum disorders are associated with deletions of the same CNV, suggests that _____.
- neither disorder has a genetic component
- both disorders have an environmental component
- both disorders share common developmental pathways
- CNV mutations are present in all psychiatric disorders
- both disorders have identical phenotypes
Individuals with androgen insensitivity are abnormal because
- their ovarian ducts do not develop.
- they have no Mullerian ducts.
- their testes do not produce testosterone.
- they have no SRY gene.
- they are missing a receptor protein for testosterone.