Research Project TruGreen.com – Topic is Hazard Avoidance and Chemical Hazards
This project will be a multi-module project that will be done in phases:
1. The first phase will be executed in Module 1 and will consist of selecting a business or industrial workplace and topic upon which to perform your risk management approach. Start your research and collect OSH data & statistics about the chosen business and workplace.
The business is TruGreen and the topic is Hazard Avoidance and Chemical Hazards
2. The second phase will consist of describing the pre-identified business or industrial workplace.
Some points and considerations to help describe your pre-identified business or industrial workplace:
· Is there an organization (hierarchy) of the business?
· Explain the workplace conditions.
· How many people work there? How many worker injuries and illnesses?
· What are the top 5 most frequently cited standards by OSHA during the past year?
· Is there an establishment or update of operating procedures and communication of them?
· Is there safety training?
· If chemicals, is there a hazard communication program and training for employees about the hazards to which they may be exposed?
· Is there a recording of work-related injuries and illnesses?
· Is there access to the log of work-related injuries and illnesses?
· Do they practice posting of OSHA citations at or near the work area involved?
· Is there adoption of an injury and illness prevention program?
Develop: You will use your own arguments from the course literature to explain unambiguously what your feeling is about safety leadership. Your development is intended to explain your point of view clearly and thoroughly about safety leadership, safety leaders, performance, safety culture, and risk management and how management can use data to improve safety. Is there a correlation between these safety factors? Determine and explain the influences. Give an example of appropriate action for handling a latent accident.
Analyze: Next, you will describe the meaning of leadership in the workplace. You will evaluate and discuss the pros and cons of safety leadership in the workplace.
3. The third phase will consist of developing your risk management approach and applying the following:
o Phase 3, Part 1 – Safety engineering concepts and techniques
Develop: You will use your own arguments to explain unambiguously what your feeling is about safety engineering. Your development is intended to help the reader understand your point of view clearly and thoroughly about safety engineering, and appropriate actions for hazard evaluation and control, and risk management. Ultimately you are to address these points with examples on how to educate management about risk, how to manage loss and techniques for corrective actions.
Analyze: Next, you will describe the meaning of safety engineering at the workplace. You will evaluate and discuss the pros and cons of safety engineering in the workplace.
You will develop a safety management focused survey template to assess the influence of working conditions on health and safety for your own workplace/industry that you selected as defined in Module 1. Also explain in the template, how the results can be used to manage a loss scenario and reduce risk through the establishment of a plan of action.
From the following website, The Centre for Occupational Safety, explains the goals of this survey used for your workplace/industry, and describe how the results can be used to manage a loss scenario and reduce risk through the establishment of a plan of action.
o Phase 3, Part 2 – Safety management concepts and techniques
§ Submit your safety management concepts and techniques for this assignment. Identify hazard control measures to manage risks.
In this activity you will:
· Identify hazard control measures to manage risks.
· Explain how implementing strategies and measures manage risks in hazard controls.
· Describe evaluation techniques safety management can implement to adequately manage safety.
o Phase 3, Part 3 – Emergency management concepts and techniques
§ Submit your emergency management concepts and techniques for this assignment. Discuss the need for emergency preparedness.
· In accord with the Occupational Safety and Health Administration standards, a company with more than 10 employees must have a written emergency action plan; smaller companies may communicate their plans orally. Top management support, commitment, and involvement of all employees are essential to an effective emergency action plan (EAP).
· Employers should review plans with employees when initially put into place. Reevaluate and amend the plan periodically whenever the plan itself, or employee responsibilities change.
· You will use your own arguments to explain unambiguously what your feeling is about the emergency preparedness and planning. Your development is intended to help the reader understand your point of view clearly and thoroughly about emergency preparedness and its impact on safety. Discuss the need and explain the goal for an emergency preparedness plan.
· Analyze: Next, you will describe the meaning of emergency preparedness at the workplace. You will evaluate and discuss the pros and cons of emergency preparedness in the workplace
o Phase 3, Part 4 – Safety ethics concepts and techniques
§ Submit your safety ethics concepts and techniques for this assignment.
· Develop an EAP that is applied to your chosen industry/workplace. Explain the goal of an emergency action/response plan.
· To accomplish this task and goal, you will use or adapt the template from the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) by going to their website CDC: Safety Checklist Program for Schools
o Phase 3, Part 5 – Safety performance concepts and techniques
§ Submit your safety performance concepts and techniques for this assignment.
· Choose the industry/workplace of your research paper.
· Define and describe what a code of ethics is in the frame of your industry/workplace.
· Write a code of ethics adapted/developed to your industry/workplace.
The length of this will be three pages maximum
Read and use this excellent ebook, Hazard Analysis Techniques for System Safety , as a resource for Phase 3. You may need to sign into ERNIE to access it.
The Research Paper criteria:
· A cover page, abstract (Not to exceed 250 words) and reference section
· Maximum of 12-13 pages, not including the cover page, abstract, and reference section, etc.
· Your paper should contain enough citations to support evidence to back up your argument, but not too many that your own thoughts and ideas are overtaken by them.
· APA formatting in all sections
Use scholarly journal articles. All references are properly cited.
The post Hazard Avoidance and Chemical Hazards appeared first on This Assignment Help.
Hi there! Click one of our representatives below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.