Please read the attached short story and answer the 5 questions.
Use the following active reading strategies to analyze the work in a deeper, more engaging manner. The goal is to discover the reading’s underlying purpose.
– Engage in Pre-Reading Inquiry
– Take Notes as you read
– Make connections
– Summarize the text
– Apply what you have learned
After reading the Article, answer the questions that follow:
1. What is the context of “Turning off, Dining in”?
2. Summarize the author’s purpose for writing the article in one sentence.
3. Look back and try to find the actual sentence(s) in which the author states her main point.
4. Identify one area in the text in which the author supports his main point with evidence.
5. How would you describe the author’s style and tone?
Hi there! Click one of our representatives below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.