To successfully prepare for this assessment, you will need to complete these preparatory activities:
- Review assessment resources and activities.
- Conduct independent research on the nursing knowledge and skills necessary to interact with health information and patient care technology.
- Focus your research on current resources available through peer-reviewed articles, professional websites, government websites, professional blogs, wiki pages, job boards, et cetera.
- Consult the BSN Program Library Research Guide for help in identifying scholarly and authoritative sources.
- Interview peers in your network who are considered information technology experts.
- Ask them about how information technology advances are impacting patient care at the bedside, at the organizational level, and beyond.
The Chief Nursing Officer (CNO) and Human Resources (HR) manager have asked you to include the following headings in your proposal and to be sure to address the bullets underneath each heading:
Nursing Informatics and the Nurse Informaticist
- What is nursing informatics?
- What is the role of the nurse informaticist?
Nurse Informaticists and Other Health Care Organizations
- What is the experience of other health care organizations with nurse informaticists?
- How do these nurse informaticists interact with the rest of the nursing staff and the interdisciplinary team?
Impact of Full Nurse Engagement in Health Care Technology
- How does fully engaging nurses in health care technology impact:
- Patient care?
- Protected health information (security, privacy, and confidentiality)?
- Costs and return on investment?
Opportunities and Challenges
- What are the opportunities and challenges for nurses and the interdisciplinary team with the addition of a nurse informaticist role?
- How can the interdisciplinary team collaborate to improve quality care outcomes through technology?
Summary of Recommendations
- What are 3–4 key takeaways from your proposal about the recommended nurse informaticist role that you want the CNO and the HR manager to remember?
- Written communication: Ensure written communication is free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- Submission length: 4–5 double-spaced pages, in addition to a title page and references page.
- Font: Times New Roman, 12 point.
- Citations and References: Cite a minimum of 3 current scholarly and/or authoritative sources to support your ideas. In addition, cite a minimum of 1 current professional blog or website to support your central ideas. Current means no more than five years old.
- APA formatting: Be sure to follow APA formatting and style guidelines for citations and references. For an APA refresher, consult the APA Style and Format page on Campus.
GRADING CRITERIA THAT MUST BE MET
1)Define nursing informatics and the role of the nurse informaticist.
Passing Grade: Defines nursing informatics and the role of the nurse informaticist. References current data, evidence, or standards to support and refine definition.
2)Explain how the nurse collaborates with the interdisciplinary team, including technologists, to improve the quality of patient care.
Passing Grade: Explains how the nurse collaborates with the interdisciplinary team, including technologists, to improve the quality of patient care. Makes explicit reference to scholarly or professional resources to support explanation.
3)Justify the need for a nurse informaticist in a health care organization.
Passing Grade: Justifies the need for a nurse informaticist in a health care organization and references relevant and timely scholarly or professional resources to support the justification.
4)Explain evidence-based strategies that the nurse and interdisciplinary team can use to effectively manage patients’ protected health information (privacy, security, and confidentiality).
Passing Grade: Explains evidence-based strategies that the nurse and interdisciplinary team can use to effectively manage patients’ protected health information (privacy, security, and confidentiality), with reference to specific data, evidence, or standards to support the explanation.
5)Follow APA style and formatting guidelines for citations and references
Passing Grade: Follows APA style and formatting guidelines for citations and references with flawless precision and accuracy.
6)Create a clear, well-organized, and professional proposal that is generally free from errors in grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
Passing Grade: Creates a clear, comprehensive, well-organized, and professional proposal that is error-free in grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
Do you need a similar assignment done for you from scratch? We have qualified writers to help you. We assure you an A+ quality paper that is free from plagiarism. Order now for an Amazing Discount!
Use Discount Code “Newclient” for a 15% Discount!
NB: We do not resell papers. Upon ordering, we do an original paper exclusively for you.
Nursing Informatics In Healthcare Paper was first posted on November 5, 2020 at 7:41 pm.
©2019 "Essay Lords | Bringing Excellence to students world wide". Use of this feed is for personal non-commercial use only. If you are not reading this article in your feed reader, then the site is guilty of copyright infringement. Please contact me at support@academicheroes