Quiz 3: Name:____________________________________ 1. An electronic ____ is an application you use to perform numeric calculations and to analyze and present numeric data. a. database b. spreadsheet c. dataform d. project 2. In Excel, the electronic spreadsheet you work in is called a ____. a. tablet b. databook c. numericsheet d. worksheet 3. In Excel, a worksheet is contained in a file called a ____. a. workbook b. workpad c. notebook d. datapad 4. You can use predesigned, formatted files called ____ to create new worksheets quickly. a. formatsheets b. layouts c. templates d. screens 5. You can use a spreadsheet to ____ by using variable values to investigate and sample different outcomes. a. represent values graphically b. organize data c. create what-if data scenarios d. perform calculations 6. You can use ____ to move around in a document that is too large to fit on the screen at once. a. cell pointers b. mode indicators c. scroll bars d. sheet tabs 7. ____ below the worksheet grid let you switch from sheet to sheet in a workbook. a. Cell pointers b. Mode indicators c. Scroll bars d. Sheet tabs 8. All Excel formulas begin with the ____. a. plus sign (+) b. asterisk (*) c. equal sign (=) d. slash (/) 9. The Excel operator for exponent is ____. a. / b. \ c. % d. ̂ 10. The Excel operator for division is ____. a. / b. \ c. % d. ̂ 11. If cell A1 contained 10, cell A2 contained 2 and cell A3 contained =A1/A2, what would cell A3 show on the worksheet? a. =A1/A2 b. =10/2 c. 5 d. =5 12. If cell A1 contained 10, cell A2 contained 2 and cell A3 contained =A1^A2, what would cell A3 show on the worksheet? a. =A1^A2 b. 20 c. 10^2 d. 100
Copyright Cengage Learning. Powered by Cognero. Page 2
13. All functions begin with the formula prefix ____. a. @ (at symbol) b. = (equals sign) c. # (number symbol) d. + (plus sign) 14. In Excel, MAX and AVERAGE are examples of ____. a. functions b. arguments c. lists d. buttons 15. Functions can be entered for formulas using all of the following methods except ____. a. the Insert Function dialog box b. the AutoSum button c. typing the function d. typing the function argument 16. The COUNTA function is used to count the number of cells in a range that contain which type of data? a. numbers b. dates c. formulas d. All of the above. 17. Which method of entering a function requires the user to know the name and initial characters of a function? a. manually typing the function b. using the Insert Function button c. using the Sum button d. using the Sum list arrow 18. When cells are copied using Excel’s copy function, what happens to the data in the copied cells? a. The data is permanently deleted from the copied cells. b. The data is temporarily deleted from the copied cells. c. The data remains in its original location. d. The data is moved to another location and removed from its original location. 19. Once the Office Clipboard reaches its maximum of 24 items, how does it handle new items that are copied or cut? a. The user sees a “clipboard full” message. b. The clipboard automatically deletes all items and starts over with the new item. c. The clipboard prompts the user to delete items. d. The clipboard automatically deletes the oldest item on the clipboard. 20. When cells or rows are inserted or deleted in an Excel worksheet, how are cell references affected by the insertion or deletion? a. Cell references are not affected. b. The user must insert new cell references. c. The user is prompted to enter new cell references. d. Cell references are automatically adjusted. 21. Which tab and group will allow the insertion of rows and columns in a worksheet? a. Home tab, Styles group b. Page Layout tab, Page Format group c. Home tab, Cells group d. Page Layout tab, Cells group 22. To insert cells, click the Insert list arrow in the Cells group on the ____ tab, then click Insert Cells. a. HOME b. CELLS c. INSERT d. TOOLS
Copyright Cengage Learning. Powered by Cognero. Page 3
23. You can create an absolute cell reference by placing a ____ in front of both the column letter and the row number of the cell address. a. % b. & c. $ d. @ 24. Which type of cell reference preserves the exact cell address in a formula? a. absolute b. mixed c. relative d. All of the above.
25. The ____ of a cell determines how the labels and values look. a. value b. formula c. label d. format 26. To format a cell or range, first you select it, and then you apply the formatting using the ____, the Mini toolbar, or a keyboard shortcut. a. Name box b. formula box c. Ribbon d. Sheet tabs 27. The default Accounting number format adds dollar signs and ____ decimal places to the data. a. one b. two c. three d. four 28. Cells and ranges in a worksheet can be formatted ____. a. only before data is entered b. only after data is entered c. before or after data is entered d. at the same time data is entered 29. To apply a table style, select the data to be formatted or click anywhere within the intended range (Excel can automatically detect a range of cells), click the Format as Table button in the ____ group on the Home tab, and then click a style in the gallery. a. Alignment b. Styles c. Cells d. Editing 30. The ____ size is the physical size of the text. a. style b. format c. serif d. font 31. In the ____ window you can search for online pictures (or Clip Art) in Office.com, through the Bing search engine, or on OneDrive. a. Find Images b. Insert Pictures c. Add Clip Art d. Add Images 32. A ____ is an individual media file, such as art, sound, animation, or a movie. a. point b. cell style c. clip d. template 33. You can apply font styles and alignment options using the ____ tab of the Ribbon. a. Insert b. Home c. Page Layout d. View 34. You can apply font styles and alignment options using the ____ dialog box. a. Format Cells b. Insert c. Conditional Formatting d. AutoCorrect
Copyright Cengage Learning. Powered by Cognero. Page 4
35. Font ____ are formats such as bold, italic, and underlining that you can apply to affect the way text and numbers look in a worksheet. a. styles b. Formats c. Fonts d. Clip arts 36. The Format Painter button is found in the ____ group on the Home tab of the Ribbon. a. Alignment b. Styles c. Clipboard d. Font 37. You can change the ____ of labels and values in cells to be left, right, or center. a. font b. font size c. cell style d. alignment 38. Double-clicking the column line to the right of a column activates the ____ feature for the column. a. AutoCorrect b. Format c. AutoFit d. Format as Table 39. A collection of related data points is called a ____. a. data marker b. tick mark c. data point d. data series 40. Each value in a cell selected for a chart is called a ____. a. data marker b. tick mark c. data point d. data series 41. On a chart created in Excel, the horizontal axis is also called the ____. a. x-axis b. y-axis c. data marker d. legend 42. On a chart created in Excel, the vertical axis is also called the ____. a. x-axis b. y-axis c. data marker d. legend 43. A(n) ____ chart compares distinct object levels using vertical bars; it is the Excel default. a. line b. area c. column d. pie 44. To show how individual volume changes over time in relation to total volume, use a(n) ____. a. area chart b. bar chart c. column chart d. line chart 45. A pie chart ____. a. compares distinct, unrelated objects over time using a horizontal format b. compares trends over even time intervals c. compares trends over uneven time or measurement intervals d. compares sizes of pieces as part of a whole 46. Which two charts compare trends over time intervals? a. bar and pie b. pie and area c. area and line d. line and scatter
Copyright Cengage Learning. Powered by Cognero. Page 5
47. Which chart type do you use to compare distinct objects over time using horizontal bars? a. area b. bar c. column d. line 48. A scatter chart ____. a. compares distinct, unrelated objects over time using a horizontal format b. compares trends over even time intervals c. compares trends over uneven time or measurement intervals d. combines a column and line chart to compare data requiring different scales of measure 49. Which chart type is the best candidate for emphasizing sales trends over a period of 6 months? a. line b. pie c. area d. scatter 50. Which chart type is the best candidate for spotting trends and extrapolating information based on research data? a. pie b. area c. scatter d. hi-low
Hi there! Click one of our representatives below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.